Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kitchen is coming along

John installed the main wall of cabinets (double oven and fridge) the day before the Soccer Team was to arrive. I love the wood! I can't wait to have it all installed. I have really missed having a sink in the kitchen. I have missed having a cook top. We have managed. I haven't complained; I did this to myself! It will be so worth it!



The soccer team didn't mind that the kitchen wasn't functioning. We were still able to cook and feed them!



John has done an amazing job installing the kitchen. He is very precise with his measurements. He makes sure everything is COMPLETELY level. The person who is installing our granite counter tops mentioned when he came out to do a final measurement that John is probably doing an even more thorough job than a professional cabinet installer. That's my guy!!!

The base cabinets along the back wall are the originals. We brought them back in just to help store some basic essentials.

4 comments:

Michael said...

I've subscribed to your blog using Google reader and enjoy getting the updates to what you are doing to your home. I love what you guys are doing! The kitchen is looking great. I love how the cabinets extend out as far as the fridge and can only imagine how much capacity they have.

I'm also curious how you used the Mormon Ads to create the border. Did you mount them on anything before you put them up and what adhesive did you use? They create such a great theme! Do you mind if we copy it sometime in the future?

Every room looks so great. I can only imagine how your arms felt after painting all of the stripes on the upper half of Jaley's room. It beats having to rip wallpaper off in the future.

Jenna's room is neat too. Are all of the little pictures stuck to walls or are they hanging on hooks? How do you keep them from getting knocked off? I can just see our younger kids ripping them off constantly.

Keep blogging. It is great to see your handiwork.

Mike

ckm said...

The Mormon Ads are framed in 4X6 frames from IKEA (4 for .99 I miss that place). I printed off small versions of the Mormon Ads from lds.org magazines. The New Era has new Mormon Ads every month since the late 1970's! I was able to print them off as a 3X5 ish size and then put a solid colored scrapbooking paper behind it and then frame it. There is sticky tack on the back to keep them from moving.

Jenna's is the same. Frames from IKEA (although they don't make that size anymore). I ran out of frames and ended up just laminating the rest (the wall above the wardrobe has the laminated version) and put sticky tack on the back to keep them in place.

I was dying after painting Jaley's room. In fact, I wore a wrist brace 1/2 way through!

I have tons of room in the kitchen. I don't know what to do with the space. I still haven't unpacked my kitchen...busy busy this month.

Great hearing from you! We miss you and your cute family.

Corin

Smithclan said...

Is John for hire? I love that he got a compliment from a professional! Way to go!

becky ward said...

i LOVE your kitchen! beautiful. i can't wait to see the finished product. it was so fun meeting you this weekend. you are a spectacular person! i look forward to keeping tabs on you through your blog and will be counting down the days 'til you post those army pictures for me to see! (;