Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The windows are IN!

Certified Home Services gets 5 gold stars and two thumbs up from me. From Joe explaining their patented glass developed by a Lockheed Martin Employee (and that argon only remains in the windows for 18 months - 2 years like John suspected) and importance of virgin vinyl ... to John calling to update us on the progress of the production ... to Tony and his crew installing in record time, I AM HAPPY!

It took 2 full days to remove and install. I took photos of the progress and will post those soon, but I wanted to tell the world how beautiful the windows are and what a HUGE difference in efficiency.

Tony and his crew replaced all of the windows in the basement and part of the main floor on Monday. AT 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, I placed my hand in front of a new window and then moved to one of the old windows facing the same direction and on the same floor. WOW. What a difference. I am anxious to see the difference in the heating (and cooling) bills.

I had put film up on the windows to protect the furniture and floors and to keep the heat down in the summer (gila film). I can't believe how bright our home is now with the new windows.

Thanks Certified Home Services (Joe, John and Tony!) ... one very happy family here!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

awesome! can't wait to see the new pics!

Shannon said...

So exciting! Glad it went pretty quick:)