Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Toddler nightmares

Kendall woke up. He was crying ... it was a nightmare.

After the second bout of nightmare cries we gave in and snuggled him for a bit.

Then he started to dream ... and he talked clear as a bell.

"Tigers CAN chase dinosaurs."

"Kerst don't laugh."

In the morning I told the girls what he said during his nightmare as I was driving them to Seminary. I told them I thought he was dreaming about the movie Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Diego the saber tooth tiger chases dinosaurs.

Good guess but I was wrong. Jenna told me it was the Zoo Tycoon computer game he has been "playing" - the dinosaur and marine life version. He loves to put dinosaurs and tigers together ... and tigers in with giraffes. The giraffes are NOT happy. Maybe Kersts laughs when he does that.

This is what happens when you have a toddler who thinks he can do everything his older siblings can do.

No comments: