Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pictures from what should have been our Festival of Color outing

Deon requested pictures from our Color Fest ....

Jenna had other plans







Last minute date with a dear friend, Ty S.  Group date.  Driver (not Ty) took a turn too fast ... jumped a curb, hit a tree and then the pole.

Ty and Jenna were the most injured.  Ty has a banged up face and broken wrist ... but was oh so darling in the hospital with his cheerful attitude.  His attitude matched Jenna's happy bubbly attitude.  She was upset, don't get me wrong.  Upset that she wouldn't be able to take a normal shower for awhile.  Jenna broke both feet.  She is having surgery on her feet tonight.  A plate in her right foot .... three broken bones.  Screws in her left foot ... ligament damage.

6 weeks in a wheel chair.  Oh boy oh boy!

6 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Oh my word! Heal quickly, Jenna. Hang in there, Mom.

Deon said...

YOU. ARE. KIDDING. ME!!! My jaw literally dropped while reading this news! Oh, I feel so bad for these kids. And, six weeks in a wheel chair? Yikes. Tell Jenna that she can pretend that she is riding in one of those Egyptian litters that the revered queens used to demand. That may help to get her through.

I'm so glad that Jenna has such a bubbly attitude! My best wishes for her and for you, Corin! Keep us posted on the surgery outcome, etc.! Love to you all!

P.S. I'll forgive the lack of Festival of Color pics if these kids promise to keep their chins up :D

And We Sailed On said...

oh my goodness. What can I do for you? What do you need. I'm so sorry! I will call you!! xoxo
E

becky ward said...

WHAT!?! poor girl. looks like it was a nasty crash. glad she is smiling.

Shannon said...

How scary! My prayers are with all of you.

Andrea Landaker said...

Ooh, time to go to an amusement park; wheelchairs get the best seats and sometimes priority in line . . . :-D Sorry to hear about the accident, glad she's ok!