Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A ray of sunshine to arrive ...

I had the amazing opportunity to be Brittany's Primary Chorister ... her YW Advisor and her YW President while living in IL.

My heart broke when I heard of her accident just over a week ago.  It has been at the front of my mind, in the bottom of my heart and in the tears I have shed.  She is a living miracle.  She is a ray of sunshine - and continues to touch those who come into her hospital room.

She continues to touch and teach those who come in contact as I came across this post her brother put up regarding her progress.  It is the Brittany I remember in Beehives and Mia Maids with her colorful pens and notebook taking notes during the lesson -

"Pondering a passage of scripture can be a key to unlock revelation and the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Scripture can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope and a restoration of confidence in one's ability to overcome the challenges of life. They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior. They can accelerate physical healing." - Elder Richard G. Scott
She will be spreading her sunshine and touching many more hearts when she arrives in Denver for spine rehab.  I am looking forward to seeing her (and her Mom) again.

1 comment:

becky ward said...

that is an awesome quote that i haven't heard before. thanks for sharing. and wishing the best for your friend.