Saturday, December 31, 2011

It is down

I started on Tuesday.  It took me two days.  It feels good to start fresh for the new year, although I do miss the festive feel.  I usually leave my snowmen up, but decided not to.  One good reason was that Julia needed to video record a couple of songs for her BYU audition and I figured snowmen in the background would be a little distracting (oh, and does she sound amazing!).




Yesterday morning the kids helped me carry the bins and tree bags downstairs so I could load it in the closet.  Kendall was sad as he helped carry the boxes downstairs this morning. He wants Christmas to be everyday so we can always be with our family. I told him we are always with our family. He corrected me, "No, Daeia has to go back to college. I don't want Christmas to end because she has to leave."

1 comment:

becky ward said...

what a big job! i haven't taken mine down yet. kevin asked that we keep it up through today since he has the day off. ;) my house feels so empty when we take it down.