Monday, April 25, 2011

Dust Me

Under construction.  Basement.  We passed our final "rough" inspections today (shower pan and drywall).  John did an amazing job -and saved tons of money- doing the underground plumbing, above ground plumbing and electrical himself.  We learned how to install custom made shower pan liners ... after hiring someone to do it and then firing him because of his incompetency.  I left Home Depot feeling like an expert after talking to their "professional plumbers".  Just think, our shower pan installer only needed to go there and ask how to do it rather than sound like he knew what he was doing.  I have learned that if you want it done right, do it yourself.


Hard to imagine that I dusted the piano (pictured above) not even 36 hours ago.  We have the cold air intakes taped up and the basement landing covered in plastic ... yet the drywall dust keeps creeping up.  It is only going to get worse because we still have to have the mudding, sanding and texturizing to be done this week.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel ... a very long tunnel.

3 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

I need to come help yoU! I'm amazed at your persistent hard work, way to go! call me and I"ll head over and help!

Deon said...

Good for you guys for taking things in hand and doing them well!

We finished our basement about two years ago, and I'm telling you what, I'm still dusting up dust from that dusty process. Ugh!

Shannon said...

One thing that our HVAC guy told us was to be sure and change our filter often. He said that if you don't it have ruin you filter. Just a fyi.