Friday, April 22, 2011

Bucket List

Visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.




Check.  Check.


NY is Chicago times 100. Amazing. Busy. Wonderful. Friendly. Inspiring.

John came home from work the day before I left and saw a purse on the counter. "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" I laughed. I had just bought my first purse. I don't carry purses. I needed one for this trip to stash my camera(s).


Julia went to NY with her high school choir a couple of weeks ago.  Two other Moms and I shadowed them ... or as some might say - we were groupies.  I guess this is meant to be a demeaning term according to the Band Director who was less than thrilled that we were "shadowing" the kids.  Whatever.  I see being a groupie as "An enthusiastic supporter or follower".  We followed the choir to listen to them sing at different venues and we took in the sights along the way. 
This was my first "girls trip".  I survived ... John survived ... the kids survived.

My other groupie Moms were wonderful to hang with.  We mastered the subway.  We enjoyed the sites and sounds (not necessarily some of the smells).  We LOVED seeing the kids whenever we had a chance.

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

I'm so glad you went. IT looks awesome!