Thursday, October 21, 2010

Quick Trip

We have had a whirlwind of trips the past 2 weeks.

Oct 8-10 to UT.  Some dear friends from IL and CO (yes, we lived in the same ward in both states!) moved to Argentina in July.  September their oldest - 5 1/2 years old - became sick with E Coli which turned into HUS.  Her younger sister and brother were also diagnosed with it.  Lily passed away in the loving arms of her parents on Oct 1.  We were able to attend the funeral of Lily.  It was a very touching and testimony building experience for all those who knew and loved Lily.

Oct 15-18 trip to IL.  I kidnapped my sister Kelly and brought her back to CO on our return trip from UT.  She helped me drive the 14+ hours back home from IL.

We loved seeing friends and family.  Miss the city.  The weather was AMAZING. 


Under the Chicago Bean

Natural Beauties ... in the Chicago Bean
 We stopped in to see my Grandparents.  Papa cried when he saw us.  We cried too.  It felt so good to be "home" again with them.  We miss them dearly.
Jaley, Great Grandpa (Papa), Julia, Jenna

Julia and Papa.  They have a very special bond.

3 comments:

becky ward said...

oh! my heart aches for lily's family. i bet they loved having you around them during such a hard time. and aren't all of your road trips QUICK! you move so fast it makes my head spin!

And We Sailed On said...

Wow! Thats a lot of driving girlfriend! Are you home now?

ckm said...

Our road trips do seem to be quick. I hadn't thought of that. I love being home, yet I love seeing family and friends. Becky, we are ready for a quick trip from you! We are pretty close to some of Kevin's Family!

Yes, we are home! Emily, let me know when you are stir crazy and need to paint. ... and speaking of lots of driving, you have put in lots of miles in the last couple of weeks too. I hope those kinds of trips don't have to happen any more.