Monday, October 4, 2010

Busy hands ... better focus

This past weekend we had the opportunity to hear from our Prophet, apostles and other leaders of our church during General Conference.  I love this time of year!  The air is becoming crisp.  They days are getting shorter.  Holidays are just around the corner ... and what a great way to start this time of year!

During Saturday's morning and afternoon sessions, we piped General Conference throughout the house on the whole house speakers (another thing I have found I love about the house).  I busied myself with cleaning and painting all of the baseboards - they were horrible from the previous owner's paint drips and poor maintenance.  During the afternoon session, I headed up into Julia's bathroom and painted some fun stripes.  It was so nice to have someone keep me company the entire time with inspiring words!

Then, on Sunday I kept my hands busy again.  Jaley and I finished up her yo-yo quilt!  (pictures to follow) All 1,640 are sewn together ... with 60+ to spare.  We still have yet to attach it to the black comforter/quilt.  It has only taken over 2 years but it has been worth it!  Lots of fun time sewing and chatting with Jaley and a few others who hopped in to help (Kerst, my Mom, Emily, etc).

It was a wonderful productive, relaxing and inspiring weekend.

1 comment:

F said...

sweet! i'm excited to see pictures of her quilt!