Monday, June 28, 2010

Can't be in two places at one time

Wish I could have been here:
Rachel and Adam's wedding (Rachel is my beautiful niece)
Photos by my amazingly talented professional photographer sister - Kelly.

Instead, I had a calling to do. Ward Camp Director for our church girl's camp. The bride should have consulted me first before setting the date ... my date was set first! ;o) ... I couldn't abandon my post.

Plus I love these girls!
Jenna did the 4th year hike this year (with the girls in level 4 at our church girl's camp). She was a trooper. She encouraged everyone with her big smile and her twinkle in her eye. She said it wasn't hard. I heard otherwise. She is one tough cookie!
We are proud of her! 4 days backpacking. 28 miles. Bears. Cold. Hot. Ducking under trees with their 30 lb backpack. I heard it was an amazing experience. I need her to write it down.
Jenna and Jaley - after Jenna's triumphal return!

5 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

What a great week! I have heard from several girls what a wonderful experience it was. Way to go!!!

Kelly Anderson said...

pretty girls!

Smithclan said...

wow, I can't believe how beautimus your girls are...well I can cause there yours but wow.

Lora said...

I LOVE Girl's Camp!! I am in YW and am the Laurel's Adviser and absolutely LOVE it! I can't wait until my schedule calms down a bit so that I can get to Girl's Camp. Hopefully next year. I still cannot believe how grown-up Jenna is. She has turned into such a beautiful young woman.

Shannon said...

I'm sure you are an amazing leader! I remember when it was you, with your amazing smile, encouraging us at girls camp so many years ago. :)