Sunday, June 6, 2010

4 6 4 6 4

Kendall has a spot to wave goodbye. The front picture window. He waves goodbye to Julia and her girlsfriends when they would home for lunch during school. When Kerst would head out for school, Kendall would stand at his goodbye spot and wave (or cry) goodbye.


Kendall has some unexplainable connection to me. He senses when I am leaving the house. He makes it difficult to leave with all of his tears. I try to sneak out but that doesn't work. Someone has to hold onto him as I leave.

I even tried spelling my departure to the older kids or John so the knew I was heading to a meeting, etc. NOTHING gets past this kid.

Lately we have been making a game of waving goodbye. He will stand at our front picture window and do a silly wave. A favorite wave of his is putting his hands by his ears waving while sticking out his tongue.


Since spelling doesn't work and the silly wave isn't always a sure fire fix, I have a new method.


"4 6 4 6 4"



Huh? I'm sure you are asking.


G O I N G


in texting format.


I wonder how long it will take him to figure this one out!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

i have the same problem too...I will say 'hasta' when I go out the door so David knows I'm going into the garage and closing the door.