Monday, November 30, 2009

Deck ...

the halls, walls, corners and everywhere!

We are all decked out (and have been ... ). The finishing touch was when John hung the lights up outside on Saturday. Finally I feel complete ... we didn't have lights up outside last year. We waited for the 90% off clearance sales after Christmas. It was worth the wait.
I replaced my favorite tree ... it was 16 years old and falling apart. Now my new dream tree ...
I painted all of these ornaments several years ago. I pulled out my old patterns the other day while chatting with my sister on the phone and realized how much I loved painting. Hmmm...
I found a grapevine balls and loaded it up with lights and wired some to the outside. I also draped grapevine around the tree as "garland".
A couple of new additions ... and our advent calendar that the kids are so excited to do each day!
I have a few more things I added this year (sales from last year) and will post pictures later.
It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

1 comment:

kati said...

beautiful as always! i love the painting too, but until i live close to you again i don't think i will like it as much! those were great times!!! miss ya