Friday, July 17, 2009

Thanks, Mom


Every once in a while, certain things happen to make you step back and really appreciate what you have. This past week, my family hosted the Utah FC u18 team, which came along with a new appreciation for my mom. So many times the things my mom does goes unnoticed and unrecognized, I just wanted to write a brief summary of why my mom is the most amazing person in my life.

She's my chauffeur...

Drives the stubborn 16 year old (who still doesn't have her permit...) around without complaint.

She's my psychologist...

She really does know everything. Like I'm not joking. I can go to my mom for anything, and she'll have the perfect advice to get me out of some of my life's toughest challenges.

She loves everybody...

I still remember getting extremely angry that I had to share my mom with day care kids several years ago, but only now do I realize what a special gift my mom has for loving everybody. From very busy tiny children that live with our already large family for 3 months to a extremely hungry bunch of teenage soccer players, my mom always finds room in her heart to love everybody. Several of my friends call her mom because she always makes an effort to go the extra mile to show that she cares. I really look up to her for that

She's the best cook ever...

She always knows how to make me look on the bright side of things...

She always tries her hardest to be happy...

I guess she's caught on to the fact that if mom's not happy, NOBODY'S happy.

She knows when I'm upset.

She's my biggest fan...

...And I'm hers.

She makes so many sacrifices for us kiddos...

To the last piece of pizza to hours of her time dedicated to school musicals, she never ever ever ever puts herself first.

But most importantly, she's my best friend.


Mommyo... I'd just like to let you know how much you mean to me. You are what keeps me strong when life gets hard. You are my role model. The best example I could ever ask for.

Love always,

The luckiest daughter in the world (well... one of three I guess)

Julia

4 comments:

Smithclan said...

I'm tearing up Julia! Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to have a DIL just like you! :) What triggered the massive appreciation?!! Sure love you! AND I agree with everything you said about your mom. She really is wonderwoman!

Brooke said...

Well put Julia!

becky ward said...

You do have an incredible mom!
I have only spent less than 24 hrs
with her and I was an instant fan.

ckm said...

Thanks Jewlz...this touched me and made me cry. I'm the luckiest Mom in the world. (And I'm glad I didn't log off so that she could leave this sweet message).