Friday, July 31, 2009

Hot Chocolate

My kids LOVE Hot Chocolate. Especially the recipe my Mom would make when I was a little girl.

The BEST Hot Chocolate ever
1 can evaporated milk
4 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
2 TBSP baking cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla

(My Mom got this recipe from Sis. O in KS).

Since it has been unseasonably "chilly" in CO this week, they have been wanting hot chocolate.

I didn't want an entire recipe made, so I told the kids how to make the hot chocolate individually.

2/3 cup milk
1 tsp baking cocoa powder
2 TBSP sugar
1 tsp (or 1 individual liquid packet) of Coffee Creamer - French Vanilla flavor is our favorite.

They have been enjoying their hot chocolate this week. Not for too much longer. This is the last of the weather in the 60's. Next week it jumps up into the 80's ...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Thanks for the recipe. We'll have to try to when it cools down. Still high 80's here! Going out to OH for a 2 week vaca before school starts. Can;t wait to see everyone!