Monday, July 27, 2009

New lighting

We hung a new light in Jaley's room. The main issue was that the light came with a plug and a hook to hang it with; it had no ceiling mount/light canopy kit ... so I had to get creative.

While at Home Depot with John I found a white light kit canopy and a white rubber chair leg floor protector (with a hole in the middle to run the wire through and then into the large hole in the canopy kit) to use for attaching the light to the ceiling.

We replaced the small dome light and I LOVE how it turned out!


Jaley loves the underside ... it looks like a flower to her.




I love 29.99 light fixtures!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

beautiful! love love love it!

Cathy said...

That is so cute. And I love her room..is the color in the background paint?

ckm said...

http://meibimusings.blogspot.com/2008/07/jaleys-room.html is where you can find the paint colors I used in her room. The lower 2/3 of the wall is a very pale yellow/cream. I hand painted (no tape ... too much of a pain) the stripes. Just a slow steady hand to do the lines. It was fun and worth it!