Thursday, January 31, 2008

Funny Phonics

We were out with the kids on Saturday and Jaley wanted to see what "Ahh Dee Dahs" was all about.

We had a good chuckle. Do you know what store she was asking about? We also passed another store and she wanted to check it out.... "Leh vy's" (answer to the phonic's riddle at the end of the post)

What my family had to say on our website:

Brooke - Jan 31, 2008

I know. I know.
That is cute.
Max really loves to have some Haws tees cupcakes!

Corin - Jan 31, 2008

That is adorable! We need to write down these funny things our beginning (and advanced) readers sound out!!!

Corin - Feb 1, 2008

I was sent a beautiful book from my old ward. The YW and some of the sisters signed it.
Kerst saw it and asked me why they sent me a book called "Hell-ives" (rhymes with Elvis). The typing for the title was very close so he couldn't see the separation in the two words. The book is called "He Lives".

Shannon - Feb 1, 2008

this isn't really phonics, but cute ways Kaylee and Cade say things:
Cade
ki ki: binky
go go: yogart
mie:more
Kaylee:
pokisel: popcicle
trulalala: cinderella
trulalala: umbrella
nosan: snowman

Mom - Feb 1, 2008

When Dad was little, he said Encyclopedia Bananaca.

Julianne - Feb 2, 2008

Frances gets her syllables rearranged - I can only think of Spanish examples, but it is pretty cute.

Amelia read all the Windermere Readers from Mom and I asked her which she like she told me all about the one with the girl named He-ide-eye. It took me a minute to figure out she meant Heidi, that is a name you don't hear much these days.

Answer to Jaley's phonic puzzle: Adidas and Levi's

No comments: