Friday, May 28, 2010

Rock Band

Julia is in a Rock Band.

Shocked you huh?!

She sings classical, jazz, a capella (her Enchords group), and to the radio. During her All State experience, a girl tapped her on the shoulder and said, "You sing beautiful, just like a Disney Princess."


She attended her first class at college today for the Pop/Rock Ensemble class. There was a live rock band to sing to. Amazing singers. She's the only girl ... so far.

Pop/Rock = current pop rock.

No. It's the classic stuff.

John came in from swimming with the boys and was loving it! He is reliving his teenage years. Homework for the class: Julia - our Disney Princess - is singing the lead in Barracuda (from Heart). She is a bit nervous to sing with these talented "guys" (hopefully some more girls next week!) but is excited to work on developing a new genre.

2 comments:

Christina said...

COOL!! I'm jealous. :) I hope you get some video evidence to post because I'd pay cash money to hear Julia sing Barracuda and I don't want to have to wait until the 2011 Meibos Family Reunion Karaoke experience!

Lora said...

Hey Corin! So good to hear from you, and peak into your blog and see how you and your family are doing! Jake and I taught Jenna in primary and I cannot believe how old she is already!! Jenna, and well, all of your children are just beautiful. You are such an incredible mom, so it is no surprise to see that your children are achieving so much and doing so well! I will always be grateful to you for the support you extended me when we began this whole process with Oscar. You pointed me in the right direction while I was at your house visiting you, and you handed me a pencil that had the contact information with the people who first assessed Oscar. Thank you so much. I remember that, back when I was so concerned about Oscar and his development, everyone just saw me as an over concerned mother, but you validated my concerns and directed me to the right people, so THANK YOU!!!!!! I am glad that you found me. Now we can keep in touch and peak in on each others lives here and there! Take Care!