Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kerst's speed

Kerst has been taking piano lessons for 4 months. He practices all of the time. The piano has some kind of magnetic power and attracts him everytime he passes by (or even thinks about it).

Kerst is preparing for a piano recital in just over a week. He was given his songs just over a week ago. I wish I had done a progression video of him learning the song. After 24 hours he had the two new songs down.

Enjoy ... the first version is about the speed his teacher wants him to play although he should probably play even slower. The second time he plays it is "Kerst speed" (don't be alarmed when you hear him say "I'm kind of tired of doing piano right now"... he had been "practicing" for 30 minutes already this morning). Remember ... he has only been playing since January!


As I was typing the above journaling Kerst yelled out goodbye to me as he headed to school. The door shut. I hear it open again seconds later and I hear him play one last song .... and then heads out .... again. He was NOT tired of doing piano! He's so cute!

7 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

HE IS AMAZING!!!!

Smithclan said...

HOLY BOLY!!!! He is good!!! I wish he was my student!!! For reals!! You sure are slacking on finding that job here in utah...

Unknown said...

This is definitely his thing. So fun to here.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

and I am not Reed.
:)

Shannon said...

Wow! A prodigy in the making. :) He's really good!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.