Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer routine

It is nice to finally be in summer .... a new routine.

Signs of summer:
Kerst marked all of the recipes he wants to make this summer (desserts).
This is one of my all-time favorite cookbooks that our family
put together during our 2009 family reunion.

Reading Kerst and Kendall are doing for the Library reading program

Chore charts
Ah yes, the glorious chore chart for the 3 kids in the house at the moment (never fear, Jenna will be home on Saturday and will have a chart next week!)

This year I am giving them a list of items to do around the house and for themselves.  They have one week to complete them all.  Some chores are to be done daily (reading), others are a couple of times a week (dusting, mopping, yard work, vacuuming, blinds, baseboards), others are by time (working on merit badge for scouts - five 30 minute boxes that can be completed in one or several sittings) and others just have to be done before the deadline of Friday at noon (cook, laundry, clean room, clean bathroom, dig out a tree stump just to name a few).  I have a list of chores that I keep adding to that I will use throughout the summer.  Some chores will be repeated weekly, others will rotate (dusting chairs, baseboards).

When the chores are completed (and checked by me) and marked off by noon on Friday, I will take them out for a treat - ice cream, icee, Walgreens trip, etc.  If they aren't, too bad .... they still have to do the chores and they miss out on the outing/treat.

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

June is marching by so quickly and I don't feel like I am in Summer routine yet! I am so happy to see those library books and read about enrollment in the summer reading program!!!! I am a FAN!