Sunday, June 16, 2013

2006 Father's Day Memory


June 18, 2006

I was in the hospital being monitored on Father's Day ~ Kendall arrived the next day (8 weeks premature).

I called home to check on everyone (micro-managing from the hospital bed). I had Jaley go downstairs and I walked her through making homemade waffles.   Kerst cracked the eggs, Jenna made the orange juice.   Julia arrived a bit later and made easy over eggs for everyone to add some protein to their breakfast.

The kids put the phone on speaker phone. I was able to hear all of their busy activity and was able to imagine what was going on...the mess, the excitement, etc.   John was upstairs preparing a lesson for his Sunday School class for that afternoon. He heard it all and was loving every minute of it.

I was placed in the middle of the table (speakerphone) and enjoyed breakfast with them.   Kerst offered the prayer. I started to cry as I heard him pray that I would be safe and that the baby would be too. Prayers are answered. Angels do watch over these little ones.

It was an amazing experience. Probably the best Father's Day ever.

Happy Father's Day 2013 to my amazing husband ...

No comments: