Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Julia's Thanksgiving plans changed daily. She has been homesick and has been wanting to come home, but it wasn't working out. I finally convinced her to go to Nevada with her friend, Katie G.

Julia surprised the kids and found a way home for Thanksgiving.

A boy from our other ward at church was driving home for Thanksgiving from Logan. Julia thought she had a ride to Logan, but that fell through last minute. Aunt Kelly saved the day and drove Julia and her friend, Bri, to Logan.

Julia arrived this afternoon around 3:00. We met up at the high school. I texted Jenna to let her know I would be picking her up rather than taking the bus.  I pulled up ... Julia was in the car behind me. The girls arrived at the van and Julia popped out of the other car. Oh the squeals and screaming! So sweet!

I don't think Kendall knew what was happening until Julia pulled him out of the van and hugged him.



Kendall has been overjoyed having Daeia home. He has been reading to her and talking to her about going on a Daeia and Kendall date. Nacho parties. Sleep overs. Playing.

Kerst arrived home at 4:30. He walked in the back door and saw Julia standing in the living room. He ran to her, hugged her and started to cry. It was SO sweet.

It is wonderful to have her home again. I love it that my kids love each other.

No comments: