Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Enchords - the finale - for Abby

The last post I wrote mentioned that Julia's a cappella group, Enchords, sang for the last time together. 

The girls were asked to sing one last time. 

Today. 

For Abby.

It was a beautiful, moving finale




I know I am overcome with just the beautiful notes - but listen to the lyrics too (typed below).  So fitting ... as Abby has golden hair.  Abby passed away last Wednesday - she won.  Cancer didn't beat her down.  I was able to record this during their sound check. 

left to right - Lauren V., Madeline G., Madi S., Aubrey E., Sierra M., Quinn K., Mikaela M., Julia  (Julia is the high soprano ... oh how I love her voice)


Under the Willow by Stephen Foster arr LaBarr

Under the willow she’s laid with care
(Sang a lone mother while weeping,)
Under the willow, with golden hair,
My little one’s quietly sleeping.

Chorus:
Fair, fair, and golden hair,
(Sang a lone mother while weeping,)
Fair, fair, and golden hair;
Under the willow she’s sleeping.

Under the willow no songs a heard,
Near where my darling lies dreaming;
Nought but the voice of some far of bird
Where life and its pleasures beaming.

Chorus:
Fair, fair, and golden hair,
(Sang a lone mother while weeping,)
Fair, fair, and golden hair;
Under the willow she’s sleeping.

Under the willow I breathe a prayer
Long to linger forever
Near to my angel with golden hair,
In lands where there’s sorrowing never.

Chorus:
Fair, fair, and golden hair,
(Sang a lone mother while weeping,)
Fair, fair, and golden hair;
Under the willow she’s sleeping.

4 comments:

Deon said...

Speechless . . .

becky ward said...

what a tribute.

Lora said...

That was incredibly beautiful. They sounded like angels.

Sarah said...

The beauty of their song made me shed tears for the girls mother and family. what a loss.

Julia, as always, sounded like an angel, and I totally love Quinn's part. so beautiful!