Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow is a big day.  The end of one journey that leads to another.

Graduation.

Where did 18 years go?  Can I really have a graduating senior?  I have had a couple of friends in the area go through this experience with their oldest during the past couple of years.  It was hard on them.  They cried.  They cried frequently - their child's last Christmas at home, their last mother's day at home, their last ...

I learned from them.  I didn't want to do that. 

I learned from my parents.  I don't remember my parents pointing out it was my last _______.   I don't remember them being sad.  They didn't hold me back.  They helped me strengthen my wings so that I could fly on my own.

So .... I soaked it all in - Julia's Senior Year.  I enjoyed the last first day of high school (heading out the door with her clear backpack ... her trademark), the first day she drove to school in her car, the last high school Christmas break, the last high school dance, the last high school spring break, the last high school prom, the last high school musical (and boy did I love this), the last choir concert she sang in, the last time she directed her music group, Enchords, the last banquet ...

And now we are going to see her fly ...


Graduation announcement - front
Graduation announcement back

Open House announcement (business card size) front.  The back has the information - time, date, place with rain venue

This is the announcement we sent out to family and friends.  We opted to make our own and not do the normal Josten's announcement (at $2.00+/announcement!  It is a racket I say!).  I think they turned out beautifully!  We printed the top two pictures on a postcard 5x7 (front and back).  We then printed the 3rd picture on a business card for her open house invitation with the back having the open house information.

The open house is Thursday from 4-6/7 p.m. at Coyote Ridge.  If it rains, it will be at our ward building.  Yes, there is rain in the forecast this entire week.  It will still be a day full of sunny memories.

2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

Congrats, that is a lot of great memories.

Sarah said...

Congratulations to Julia!
In my heart I don't believe this day will ever come for ours, though logically I know the next 8 years will go all too quickly.