Saturday, November 20, 2010

Two for the price of One

Over 30 years ago I begged my parents for another sibling.  At least to tie up the score.  I had 3 brothers and 1 sister.  Cara and I always lost when it came to voting.

I was thrilled to find out that we were adding to the family.  After a family camping trip, my Mom went to a prenatal appointment only to be sent for an ultrasound.  That is when we found out that we were getting two for the price of one!

I was thrilled.  Even more thrilled when my Dad told us that when the babies were born, they were both girls!  FINALLY.  My brother Reed was not as thrilled.  He didn't talk to my Mom for several days (from what I remember as a 9 year old) ... it was probably more like a couple of minutes after she returned home.

Finally the girls could out vote the boys.  Finally.

They had and still have the most amazing relationship.  Both are UBER talented.  You should see the photos they take (and the haircuts!), the art they create, their organization skills, people skills, the humor they have and how much love they have to share with everyone.  I'm lucky.

Happy Birthday Dualies!



Kelly.  Baby "A"

Shannon.  Baby "B" 


3 comments:

Shannon said...

aah...thanks corin! i lub you! thanks for convincing mom to have us! ;)

And We Sailed On said...

that is so sweet. Sisters are wonderful things. hope the birthdays were wonderful!!

Kelly Anderson said...

i love my older (or is she younger) sister ;)