Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stuck

I feel like I am living a child's repetitive verse book.  You know, one similar to "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly."  Or my childhood favorite of the little old lady who couldn't get her pig to jump over the pigsty/fence so she could get home that night.  I had that memorized.  My parents recorded me repeating that story with my cute little speech impediments.

There once was a little old lady who had a pig.  She tried to get the pig to jump over the pigsty so she could get home that night.  The pig would not jump the fence.  She went to find help.  She found a dog. 

"Dog, dog, bite the pig.  The pig won't jump the sty and I can't get home tonight."

The dog would not bite the pig.  So she continued on.  She found a stick.

"Stick, stick, beat the dog.  The dog won't bite the pig, the pig won't jump the sty and I can't get home tonight."

The stick would not beat the dog.

So she continued on.  She found some fire.

"Fire, fire, burn the stick.  The stick won't beat the dog, the dog won't bite the pig and the pig won't jump the sty and I can't get home tonight."

The fire would not burn the stick. 

So she continued on.  She found some water.

"Water, water, put out the fire.  The fire won't burn the stick, the stick won't beat the dog, the dog won't bite the pig and the pig won't jump the sty and I can't get home tonight."

You get the picture.  She finds a cow (to drink the water) then a butcher (to kill the cow) and a rope (to hang the butcher).  Needless to say, the pig did jump over the sty that night ...

Here is my repetitive verse.
Stuck.

Today we have a thin sheet of ice on one edge of the driveway.  I can't get out.  I am stuck.

I can't get out.  I tried to get out to take Kerst to the bus stop.  Kerst can't go to school.  I am stuck.

The delivery truck came to drop off wood for our basement finishing project.  The truck is stuck. 

The truck is stuck.  I can't get out.  Kerst can't get to school.  I am stuck.

My friend Emily is coming over to do a project with me.

I sent her a text warning her not to come down the driveway ... or

Emily would be stuck.  The truck is stuck.  I can't get out.  Kerst can't get to school.  I am stuck.

Fun.

This is going to be an exciting place to live during the winter!  Oh boy.

5 comments:

becky ward said...

oh boy, oh boy! that is very exciting indeed. i hope you can get out sometime soon.

Casey Joy said...

I'm sure Kerst didn't mind it. Also Carson needs Kelly to take some Senior Photos while she is in co. Kelly said your in charge of scheduling her.

Brooke said...

Oh man! Your house with you guys would be a good place to be stuck.

ckm said...

It would be even more fun with you ... and the gang.

ckm said...

Casey- Let's plan on Thanksgiving Day when you all come up for Thanksgiving. The photo shoot needs to start 2 hours before sunset (by 2:00 is what I am going to guess). We can do earlier. Waiting for word from Kelly if noon is a better time for her regarding lighting, but she makes everything work!