Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Asked to Prom - the suspense is over

I know, I've kept you in suspense! I finally got the camera back that I planted on Julia's friend (thanks Meghan!).

At the beginning of Julia's mixed chorus class period her teacher gave her a pass to go see the Vice Principal. Julia was a bit nervous ... what did she do?

She went to the office. It went something like this ...

Julia enters one of the vice Principal's offices. "I don't need to see you." It must have been a mistake.

It was. It was the other vice principal who needed to see her.

"You didn't pay for your A.P. test fees."

"I turned in my check."

"Let me check. Oh, yes you did. We had some errors and we are just going through to make sure those we were unsure of were paid."

Julia is asked to remain in the office and wait so they make sure there isn't anything else they needed to clear up. Finally she can go back to class.

Julia enters her choir room when her choir director asks Julia to assess their blending. This is no surprise to Julia. She has taken small groups to another room to work on parts.

They start singing. It is a song they have been practicing for the upcoming concert.

They reach a part in the song she hasn't heard before ...



Lyrics (intermix giggling)
Oh Julia ...
Kyle wants to know
If to prom you'll go.
Don't answer us
He right outside

What a fun way to ask Julia - and in a way that is a huge part of who she is ... music and singing!

A fun conversation regarding Kyle asking Julia:

Kelli B.: Yay! So I'm guessing Operation: Ask Julia to Prom was a success? lol

Benji D.: That was by far the most creative way of asking a girl to prom I've seen this year, kudos Kyle!

Kyle K.: Thanks and yes, operation: Ask Julia to prom was a success. Thanks to Chamber Choir at XX. for everything. You Guys made it.

Benji D.: It was pretty awesome. I was just sitting there with the lyrics in my hands thinking, Who's Kyle, does he know what's going on, and is there a chance Julia will say no, if so, where is the quickest exit to this room, and where can I go where no one can hear me laughing.

Benji D.: Of course that didn't happen, in which I was very relieved :) haha

Julia.: haha yeah it was too sweet to say no to :)

NOTE: Kyle attends a different school. Stay tuned ... Julia has something up her sleeve to ask Kyle to her prom. Ahhhh ... more suspense!

2 comments:

Smithclan said...

Yah!!! thank you thank you! So cute and clever and yes a great way to ask HER! How does she know him if he goes to another school...church stuff? Kudos Kyle!

And We Sailed On said...

how sweet! way to go on the creativity. how are you?