Friday, October 2, 2009

Proclamation

I am updating our proclamation that is hanging in our home. I made this one 3 years ago and told myself I would update it yearly with our current family memories. Didn't happen! Here is what I did 3 years ago (with a preemie Kendall, John's triathlon, Julia's musical, Kerst putting his own tie on, etc...) I created this in my photo editing program as one large print and mounted it on mat board. This one I created was done all in Sepia.
For the new mat, I created two different versions (difference being a sepia or black/white overlay to tone down the colors - I wanted a hint of color this time). I am printing them both. I LOVE Costco! They are printed in their store! I thought I would have to have it mailed to me since I am doing it as a 16x20!

I will be doing a spray adhesive to mount it onto some mat board and then will use my mat cutter to cut it out and then frame our "Proclamation on the Family". I will have to see which one works better with our wall colors (plus I have my eye on a frame that is on sale at Hobby Lobby)

Photos in this picture (for 2009). Starting top left and going clockwise ...

Jaley at the renaissance fair trying on hats, Kendall getting a kiss (Devil's Head hike on Labor day), Julia driving the 4 wheeler with me as passenger .... ahhhh, Julia and Jenna trying on hats at the renaissance festival. Kendall and Jaley sleeping. Jaley Julia Jenna at the County Fair (where Julia won her awards for the photos), Kerst crashing the girl's photo shoot, Kendall crying when the kids get out of the car to go to school for the first day, Kendall in Joseph UT at M reunion at an Indian State Park, Jenna pulling the handcart up the hill (can't remember the name right off hand), Kerst and John on his baptism day, Kerst and the woodland fairy at the renaissance festival, Our kids on the horse statue in CO Springs, Kendall sleeping on top of John's shoulders at the Stake Pioneer Day at our Stake President's barn, Julia and Jenna after getting back from their 3 day Pioneer Trek in Wyoming, Julia in front of her dream truck we saw while at the M Reunion in Joseph UT, Jaley Julia and Kerst during a sibling photo shoot, John and Corin at P Family Reunion in Orem UT, Corin and Jenna at Jason's Family dinner after his funeral, Our family at Devil's Head along the train where John's family would take their traditional photos - I believe they were individual photos.

I will post my finished project!

7 comments:

Smithclan said...

I love both of them. Very good job.

kati said...

My vote is for the second one! LOVE IT.

Shannon said...

My vote is for the first one. the second one has a bit too much 'blue' to it. the first one has more warmth to it and would go better with the frame and paper. ♥

Cathy said...

Corin..they are gorgeous! Do you edit them in photoshop? Or do you have an easier program?

ckm said...

Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10. (aka DIP). It is much easier than Photoshop ... which I have. Julia prefers to edit her photos on photoshop and they are amazing!

becky ward said...

what a fabulous idea! i love it. and i kindof favor the 1st one too. but, they are BOTH beautiful. nice work!

Kelly Anderson said...

i vote for the first one...i love the warmth.