Saturday, October 10, 2009

Finished proclamation

Here is my finished project as promised!

For those who want to attempt this, here is the template I used for making this. This template is for a 16x20 frame that has the 11x17 Proclamation on the Family. The photo editing program I use is Microsoft Digital Image Suite. You should be able to do this project in any photo editing program. The white line shows where the frame will cover the edge (some of my photos didn't go all of the way to the outer edge). I made sure that most of the photos went into the middle just in case I cut the matting and the middle showed. It didn't happen, but I wanted to be on the safe side!
I mounted the 16x20 print (from Costco) on mat board with spray adhesive. If you print at Costco, you need to trim the white border off of the sides, NOT the top.

I have a mat cutter I used to cut this. It can be done if you have a straight edge and the beveled edge mat cutter. The top and bottom measurements are 2 1/2 inches. The side measurements are 3 1/4 inches. Make sure you have a NEW blade when cutting the beveled edge of the mat and to place a piece of scrap mat board underneath the print/mat you are cutting.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

love it! i think i might attempt this project. thanks for sharing.

kati said...

LOVE IT!!!! that turned out amazing! how awesome now i just need a costco....maybe in the next couple years!