Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just Us

Yep. It is just us now.

My three little friends went home yesterday. Shannon is healed ... she needs to build up her strength and endurance - plus my parents will be with her for 6 weeks to help her so she can keep recovering.

I'm going to miss
Tablespoon drinks of water at night (sigh ... when I saw their empty cups on the bookcase).
My little alligator swishing across the floor.
Cade vacuuming with my new vacuum.
Your Highness.
I'm dry!
Not Cars.
Toothless grins.
Midnight feedings (sort of)
My-ca-doos.
Remembering how many plates to pull out each meal.
Mommy.
I did poop!
Pancakes EVERY MORNING.
Playmate for Kendall.
Dance parties.
Discovering movies I didn't realize we had.
Snowmen snowcones.
Snowmen!
Names on their chairs (and being VERY possessive of it!).
Prayers.
Talks on the phone with Shannon (I'm not a huge talker on the phone ... seems like everything falls apart while I'm on the phone!).
Princesses.
Doctor visits (maybe?).
A very active pew at church.
My closet sleeper.
Cade's head popping up from the pillow when you come in the door.
Having my little buddies around...

It was a great experience. Thanks for sharing the kiddos David and Shannon!

3 comments:

Smithclan said...

awwww bittersweet huh? I remember Kelly telling me you were super woman and boy is she right! You are so wonderful! Big hugs!! Sure miss you!

Kelly Anderson said...

Super Duper Woman! i love you thiiiiiiiiis much and i can't wait to see you the end of june...or earlier. wink wink!

Shannon said...

I love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much more! hmmm...needs more 'i's

Love you Corin

mucho dinero forevero