Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twas the Night Before Christmas ... read by the grandparents

Four years ago I had all 3 sets of grandparents for my children record themselves reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas". It was so sweet to hear the voices of my Bama and Papa (their great grandparents) read to my children tonight as we wrapped up our Christmas Eve traditions. 

I made a recording that made it appear that all 6 grandparents were reading the book. You can view it here.  Our favorite part ... the ending when they all wish the grandkids a "Happy Christmas to all and to all a goodnight". I put the recording to pictures I took of the boys while holding the book back in 2009.

Though miles and now mortality separate us, it is comforting to know we can remember and cherish our Christmas memories, traditions and family. Merry Christmas in heaven Bama and Papa! We are so blessed.





No comments: