Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kendall's math

Kendall (6 years, 1st grade) has moved on to doing multiplication "mad minute" challenges in school since he passed all of the addition and subtraction facts.  He loves to tell me how many more minutes until we have to leave - or how many minutes we are late.  Kendall is very prompt, so we are never late when it is just Kendall and me.  He is constantly adding and subtracting in real life situations.

Tonight he did some more math.  I knew this day would come.  Last year he informed me that I was 19.  When I had my birthday back in June, he told everyone I turned 20.  In fact, when we went out to eat this past week with John's parents, he informed the cashier how old I was because they were asking the children their ages to charge the correct amount.

Tonight he said, "Mom, you were only one when you had Daeia (Julia).  That's weird."

He's too smart for his own good :)

No comments: