Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ahhhh .... cooler weather

Fortunately we have not been plagued with the heatwave that has hit some of the areas in the country.  We have been blessed with some rain as well. 

We had an air conditioning unit put in late this Spring during our basement finishing project.  We decided to give it a try at the end of June to make sure it was working for my family when they arrived at our home for the family reunion we were hosting.  It didn't work.  The fan motor went out along with something else.  The part wouldn't be in for 2 weeks.  Thankfully it was not unbearable with 39 people in our home (36 sleeping).

The air conditioning unit has been fixed.  We have not turned it on - I haven't felt like we needed it.  Yes, the 3 bedrooms upstairs do get toasty, but they cool off beautifully at night.

Yesterday the high was 68 degrees!  It was so chilly that I closed up the windows last night and woke up to the house at 62 degrees.  It was freezing!  I wore a skirt, sweater, tights and boots to church today.  By late afternoon our home warmed up to70 (after running the oven to make dinner).

I love how nestled down our home is in the trees.  We have a lot of shade and shelter from the wind.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh man, I'm SO jealous! It is still in the mid-80's and humid here, and I'm SO ready for fall. This morning I woke up to what felt like a slightly cooler house. I was so excited, I dressed the kids in pants and long sleeves. Then I took the dog out and realized it was warmer outside than in- I had left the a.c. on all night by accident.
I'm also jealous that you get to hang out with some of my family today! Have fun, you party animals!