Monday, June 6, 2011

Carpet install has started!

Yep ... the tack strips are going in ... as I type this.

Our list of what needs to be done has gotten shorter.  A lot shorter.  We still need to finish the bar area tile.  We were just too pooped out to do it - we only have 75 sq ft more to do.  After 4 nights of 4 hours of sleep (we were up until 2:00 a.m. each night working on getting the basement ready for carpet), we needed a break.  I was wiped out on Saturday after having 4 hours of sleep and then having to go officiate at a 5 hour swim meet (in the sun .... stroke and turn judging .... 2 shifts).  I was so tired that I fell asleep last night at 6:00 p.m. and woke up this morning at 5:45 to finish up sealing the concrete floors.  The carpet installer was shocked to see how well prepped the area was for him this morning.  He saw the basement Saturday afternoon when he dropped off the pad and carpet.

Why the rush?  We want to move the girls into their own room, but not just that, we are hosting my side of the family reunion in a couple of weeks.  I've teased a couple of them that if they want to use the bathrooms attached to their rooms in the basement, they will need to install the toilet and shower fixtures.  They might have to use buckets for their sinks; I'm not sure if we will have found vanities by then (my deal finding hubby is looking for a great deal!).

By the end of this week I hope to have Jenna and Jaley out of the front room and one of the master bedroom closets and into their own!  I know they can't wait to move in too!

No comments: