Monday, February 8, 2010

Windows - the BIG decision

With the tax credit expiring at the end of this year, we have been thinking about replacing our windows.

We looked into a couple of companies ... one company claimed how great their radon gas windows are. Their scientific experiment in our home was impressive. John, my scientific math minded guy, knew that radon gas didn't last long in the windows. So we were still on the hunt.

We found the right fit. Joe, the window rep, was extremely knowledgeable of his product and others and backed up John's thought that argon gas didn't remain long in the window (18 months). He introduced us to a glass that was developed by a Lockheed Martin employee. This glass has a special coating on it similar to LoE 366.

These windows are made right here in Colorado with virgin vinyl (unlike the local hardware store window selections - we did those in IL in our sun room ... but with a whole house and in CO sun and heat, we needed something that would survive!).

We are looking forward to Certified Home Services improving the look, feel and efficiency of our home!

I'll keep you posted on the progress!!!

Now John will have an even more difficult time getting me to move from our home. Wood flooring, dream kitchen, and now AMAZING WINDOWS!

3 comments:

kati said...

If you want my opinion....you should look into the German style window! LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They make so much sense. Aaron promised me when we build our house I could have them and rollandens!

ckm said...

Those would be neat to have in a home! The problem is that when you live in a community with a Home Owner's Association, you have to abide by the covenants. I had to submit a design review and have it approved for no grid lines.

I just heard back from the HOA and they approved my no grid line request. We are going to be a trend setter. I have not seen windows in our development without grid lines. I am looking forward to a clear view.

And We Sailed On said...

can't wait to see it all when you are done! Now you can never leave that house, you will have it in perfect condition! If you ever move I am buying it from yoU! ha~ :)